January 25, 2008

Enough

Recently, for the first time in months, I've felt like myself. I've been happy, energetic, and sincerely enjoying life.

The lessons that have been handed to me on this path have been heavier than I was prepared to carry. And just as my strength had become sufficient for this load, more was added. Tonight, I was brought face to face with the frailty of "being ok" and "getting better". I received news that so greatly disappointed me, about a situation that is once again out of my control. I feel like long ago I reached a point where it should have been "enough." Enough stress. Enough pain. Enough sadness. And enough hurt.

It's so devastating to feel the crushing weight of all these emotions again. Especially as I felt this was behind me. Once again I'm at a complete loss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I'm not sure what you have gone through, but I know that we all face difficult times. The important thing is to be able to pick yourself up and move on... Be thankful that you are blessed with the time to reflect.

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweetie, know that you're still in my prayers always. You have borne much more than you should have needed to. I know that you know that God will help you carry the burden, but sometimes, hearing that is simply not enough. So remember someone down in this corner of Minnesota is metaphorically offering her shoulder and strength. May you find peace.

Love you,
Joellen